In gum recession, your gums pull back from the tooth surface, revealing the root surfaces of your teeth. It causes great trouble and pain in the mouth. There are many natural remedies to stimulate gums regrowth, about which we will discuss in the article.
What about natural remedies?
Natural remedies to stimulate gum growth:
1 Hibiscus tea:
Hibiscus is a good remedy for bacteria and pus formation on the gums, as well as bacteriocins and inflammation of the gum tissue; it keeps dentin from losing calcium and promotes mineralization; it has antibacterial properties; softens hard plaque formation on teeth and gums, and helps them recede (gum shrinkage). Combining hibiscus with cinnamon powder will make an even more powerful remedy against toothache.
2. Tea tree oil:
- It is an antifungal agent that slows down bacterial activity in the mouth tissues.
- Controls plaque build-up and saliva acidity keep bacteria from developing excessively.
- It kills fungi and bacteria, prevents gum disease, and stimulates the blood flow to gums.
This is another remedy that has been very successful for naturally stimulating gums regrowth, as it keeps teeth strong and healthy, cleans them from plaque build-up, treats toothaches quickly and easily. Cayenne pepper is an antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory agent which makes a wonderful natural remedy for stimulating gum growth. It also lessens swelling on the gums by speeding up blood circulation around them.
4. Onion juice:
Onion has strong antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties that kill all bacteria causing infection/disease of teeth/gums tissues; onion juice stimulates blood flow to gums, thus speeding up the recovery process; besides preventing gum recession, it also strengthens tooth enamel; clean your mouth with onion juice by rinsing it with the prepared mixture (mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon onion juice).
Saltwater acts as an antiseptic on the gums, killing germs around tooth roots, thus preventing infection of teeth/gums tissues; saltwater can be used daily to naturally stimulate gum growth by rinsing your mouth with it after meals (as often as possible for best results).
6. Oil pulling:
This method is effective not only against gum disease but for overall oral health; it consists of rinsing the mouth with cold-pressed oils (sesame, sunflower, etc.) for 15-20 minutes before spitting it out.
7. Green tea:
The antioxidant properties in it make it a good danger to all diseases; It is an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent that fights gum disease tissues; it also has astringent, antiseptic, and analgesic properties that help prevent gum recession as well as bad breath by reducing bacteria build up on teeth/gums.
The honey cinnamon combination is a proven remedy that helps prevent plaque formation on teeth/gums tissue. It fights bacteria build-up around gums, thus keeping them healthy and strong; it heals tartar faster than usual any other natural remedy that stimulates gum growth.
9. Peppermint oil:
Peppermint is a very useful oil for gums; it keeps teeth and gums strong, healthy, and disease-free; use peppermint essential oil as often as possible to stimulate gum growth by rinsing your mouth with it (diluted in water) after meals (every meal if you like).
Stimulate gums regrowth using ginger is easy; You can eat raw pieces of ginger or make tea out of it; additionally, this powerful natural remedy can be used by adding its juice to baking soda mixture, which you will apply to the affected area several times daily before brushing your teeth. Just mix one teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with 4 teaspoons of baking soda and stir well, then apply the paste on your teeth with fingers or a cotton swab.
11. Olive oil:
Olive oil: Olive oil is a proven remedy to stimulate gum growth as it speeds up blood circulation in the gums and around tooth roots and kills bacteria that cause infection and disease.
12. Lemon juice:
Lemon is naturally astringent and antiseptic that keeps gums healthy and stops bleeding; prevents tartar build-up as it has low PH level thus kills germs which turn into tartar after they develop on a substance called plaque (made of saliva, food particles, etc.) which sticks to teeth/gums tissue causing gum recession, pain, bad breath, etc.; use organic lemon to get rid of gingivitis symptoms.
13. Oregano oil:
Oregano essential oil has strong antibiotic properties, making it a great remedy for gum disease treatment; this powerful natural remedy kills germs around the gums, thus healing wounds fast.
14. Apple cider vinegar:
A natural remedy for gum recession treatment/prevention; ACV stimulates blood flow to gums, thus speeding up the recovery process while disinfecting around tooth roots.
Gums Stimulation Methods:
Method 1: Applying Pastes to your Gums
1) Dilute a vegetable soup and place it in a syringe.
2) Push the plunger to create a thick paste that can be applied to your gums.
3) Hold this paste on your gums for 20 minutes
.4) Repeat this process two times a day. Please note: Vegetable soup can be substituted with egg whites, honey, or other foods that make a paste.
Method 2: Stimulating Gums by Using a Toothbrush and Baking Soda
1) Make a paste, as described in the first method. This time, add 1 tsp of baking soda instead of vegetable soup. Refrigerate this paste for half an hour or until it becomes solid.
2) Brush your teeth using a soft-bristled toothbrush and place some of the paste on your gums. Leave the mixture on for approximately five minutes and rinse with water afterward. Apply this process daily after brushing your teeth to see quick results.
Please do not use more than the recommended amount of baking soda because you may excessively dry out your mouth; it is suggested that you brush twice daily with baking soda.
Method 3: Applying Honey to Gums
1) Make a paste using 1 tsp of honey and toothpaste. Refrigerate this paste for half an hour or until it becomes solid. Apply this mixture on your gums and let it sit for about five minutes before rinsing.
2) Repeat the process once daily after brushing your teeth to promote gum growth as well as fresh breath.
Method 4: Chewing Gum Regularly can Stimulate Gums Growth
Chew sugarless gum every day to stimulate blood flow in your mouth and help you maintain better oral health if included in a good dental hygiene regimen. Chewing gum stimulates saliva production and the flow of nutrients and oxygen around your teeth. This increases saliva flow, rinses away food particles, and re-mineralizes tooth enamel while promoting new gum tissue growth.
Method 5: Try Garlic if You Suffer from Gum Disease or Tooth Decay
It is a natural antibacterial substitute that can help fight gum diseases. Several studies have found that garlic has an inhibitory effect on the endotoxins responsible for periodontitis; this is why it’s considered beneficial in treating such conditions. Regularly consuming foods with high concentrations of garlic (e.g., raw cloves, capsules) may help protect gums against further damage and even reverse some signs of periodontal disease.
Method 6: Try Oregano Oil If you Suffer from Gum Disease or Tooth Decay
Oregano oil can benefit your gums because of its antimicrobial properties. It is composed of phenolic compounds, particularly carvacrol and thymol, which effectively kill bacteria that cause gum inflammation (i.e., periodontitis).
Method 7: Add Cilantro to Your Diet to Aid in Stimulating Gums Growth
Another herb that can be used for this purpose is cilantro, otherwise known as coriander leaf. Like garlic, cilantro also contains antibacterial components; however, it possesses more immune-boosting nutrients, including calcium; iron; magnesium; phosphorus; potassium; beta-carotene; vitamins C and K. Cilantro can also help freshen breath naturally because it contains high levels of chlorophyll that scavenges free radicals in the body.
Method 8: Try Ginkgo Biloba to Stimulate Gums ReGrowth
Another herb worth mentioning is Ginko Biloba, which has powerful compounds known as terpene trilactones that possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Ginkgo biloba works by increasing blood flow in your gums so you can experience better gum health.
Method 9: Apply Black Pepper Compounds to Your Gums
Black pepper also helps treat periodontitis. It was published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that a compound in black pepper known as piperine exhibited antibacterial properties against certain harmful bacteria commonly found in the mouth. Piperine was demonstrated to be more effective than three popular antibiotics, including ampicillin, streptomycin, and tetracycline.
Method 10: Massage Your Gums with Coconut Oil
Aside from promoting overall health, coconut oil can detoxify your gums naturally because of its high levels of lauric acid; this stimulates blood circulation and kills microorganisms that cause gum infections (e.g., periodontitis).
How Can You Stop Receding Gums Naturally?
Natural treatment for receded gums can be done by following these steps:
- which is beneficial for stopping gum disease. Use XyliMelts, which you dissolve in your mouth three times a day. You could also use natural teething gel or even chewing gum with xylitol in it, like Trident Extra Care. However, if you don’t like sugar-free food options, try using a toothpaste containing xylitol, like Biotin Oral Balance.
- Use foods rich in zinc and omega-3 fatty acids to help protect your gums from bacteria. You can do this by eating more sardines, beef, pork, eggs, or even sunflower seeds. These will help boost your immune system so you can combat harmful bacteria.
- You could try collagen supplements or injections to stimulate new gum growth around the teeth; these are made using connective tissues like cartilage, bones, and ligaments. This treatment is also helpful if you have had dental surgery on your gums, resulting in receded gums.
- Finally, you could start using natural remedies like garlic capsules with high concentrations of allicin, which encourage new tissue growth. This will help stimulate the regrowth of gum tissues around your teeth, therefore shrinking the pocket depth where bacteria can hide. Allicin is also antimicrobial and antifungal, so it should protect against other infections in the mouth too.
Do natural remedies work in stimulating gum growth?
A healthy, natural diet rich in fruit and vegetables is good for the immune system. As the dental plaque bacteria attach to food particles left on erupting or rooted teeth, they can pull them out by attaching to the chewing surfaces of the lower jaw teeth. This erodes gum tissue, leading to receding gums. Still, if these food particles are eliminated by brushing, then gum recession may be prevented because that surface will no longer be coated with debris that bacteria can cling onto.
In the pursuit of healthier gums and overall oral well-being, exploring natural remedies for gum recession can offer valuable insights. Recognizing the discomfort and potential consequences of gum recession, the article highlights an array of natural approaches to stimulate gum regrowth and address the issue. From hibiscus tea and tea tree oil to ginger and garlic, the featured remedies encompass a diverse range of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and immune-boosting properties.
Additionally, the emphasis on proper dental hygiene practices, such as oil pulling and maintaining a nutrient-rich diet, underscores the holistic approach to gum health. While natural remedies hold promise, it’s essential to consider these practices in conjunction with professional dental care to ensure comprehensive gum disease prevention and management. By amalgamating both natural solutions and expert guidance, individuals can take proactive steps towards promoting gum regrowth and cultivating a healthier oral environment.