Gum recession is a very common occurrence that many different factors can cause. Gum disease and tooth loss can occur due to gum recession. Fortunately, there are some simple remedies you can try to help your gum recession symptoms!
In this blog post, we will discuss:
1) Symptoms of gum recession
2) Causes of gum recession
3) How to stop gum recession?
4) Tips for healing and remedies
Symptoms of Receding Gum:
Symptoms of receding gums include:
- Red, swollen, or purple gums
- Bad breath
- Bleeding after brushing or flossing
- pain at the gum line
- Visibly shrinking gums
- Exposed tooth roots
- Long teeth
Causes of Receding Gum:
1. Gum disease:
Bacterial infection is the main cause of receding gums. Gum disease weakens the gums and causes them to recede. You can decrease your risk for a gum infection through daily brushing and flossing. Read This Post Treat Inflamed Gums
The thickness of your gums is a hereditary trait that you inherit from your parents. People born with thinner gums are more sensitive to recession through toothbrush abrasion, wear or injury. If you have thinner tissue, you’ll need to visit your dentist and pay close attention to your gums.
3. Aggressive Hygiene:
Aggressive hygiene is a common cause of receding gums. Too much force applied while brushing can eventually result in gum damage that leads to recession and tooth wear.
Remedies for Receding Gums:
1. Oil pulling:
If you want to try pulling oil, then swish a tablespoon of premium coconut oil on all sides of your mouth for at least 20 minutes. Then spit out the oil, wash your mouth with warm tap or saline water, and brush your teeth.
2. Eucalyptus oil:
Eucalyptus oil is an anti-inflammatory antiseptic that helps soothe receding gums and stimulate the growth of new gum tissue.
Rinse salt water is effective for use as a bacterial agent and soothing gum inflammation.
- Thoroughly combine one teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of warm water.
- Wash your mouth with this saltwater mixture.
- Spit out the rinse — don’t engulf it.
- Repeat it at least twice a day.
4. Green Tea:
Drinking green tea helps to promote healthy teeth and gums. In Japanese, 940 men who drank at least one cup of green tea a day experienced a significant decrease in gum recession and bleeding. We should try to drink one to two cups of green tea daily.
5. Peppermint essential oil:
Peppermint oil is effective in preventing the growth of disease-causing microorganisms in the mouth.
6. Aloe vera:
- Aloe vera can effectively promote oral health: injecting medicinal-grade aloe vera gel into inflamed gums improves periodontal conditions.
- Inflammation to the gums may cause people to feel pain and bleeding. Instead of visiting your dentist, you can use aloe vera mouthwash to reduce inflammation.
Septilin is a multi-herbal preparation of guggul, Guduchi, licorice. Septilin is usable in both tablet and syrup form. The normal dosage for adults is two tablets taken twice daily or two teaspoons of syrup taken three times a day. Doctors prescribe this drug to manage allergic disorders of the upper respiratory tract, skin and dental infections like periodontal infection.
8. Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
- The omega-3 fatty acid can reduce the gingival index if we take three hundred milligrams of omega-3 fatty acid daily for 12 weeks. The gingival index is a method of recording the clinical severity of gum inflammation.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent chronic periodontitis. Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that results in tooth loss.
9. Tea Tree Essential Oil:
Tea tree oil is very efficacious in preventing the growth of disease-causing microorganisms in the mouth. It can prevent tooth decay.
10. Turmeric Gel:
Turmeric contains curcumin, which is certified for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric gel can prevent plaque and gingivitis, which cause receding gums.
11. Hydrogen Peroxide:
Washing mouth with a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide may help treat sore, red, or swollen gums. Hydrogen peroxide usage as a natural remedy for receding gums:
- Take a 1/4 cup of three percent hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 cup of water. mix it well
- Swished the mixture around your mouth
- Spit out the rinse — don’t engulf it.
- Repeat it at least twice a week.
12. Thyme Essential Oil:
Thyme oil is very effective in preventing the growth of disease-causing microorganisms in the mouth.
- You should brush your teeth.
- Use a soft and fluffy toothbrush to remove debris from your teeth.
- A medium- or hard-bristled brush could harm your gums, root surface, and tooth enamel
Flossing one time per day is a crucial part of caring for your teeth and gums. It helps to remove debris between teeth.
Visit Your Dentist:
Gums are the very delicate tissues that surround the teeth to provide them protection. Gums prevent your teeth from disease attack or stops them from doing further damage. If you experience swollen or redness around your gums, then consult your dentist as early as possible.